Winner Selection and District Judging Criteria
- Application Demonstration Videos will be viewed by District Judges based on the criteria identified below to select finalists. Then the finalists will be judged again on the criteria identified below.
- The Judges have the right to request access to the Application and source code in person or via any reasonable manner to verify that the Application functions and operates as stated in the Submission. Failure by a Contestant to honor such a request will result in the Submission’s immediate disqualification.
- Awards will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Quality of the idea (including creativity and originality)
- Implementation of the idea (including user experience and design)
- Demonstrated excellence of coding and programming skills.
- District Staff reserve the right to substitute or modify the judging panel at anytime for any reason. Judges do have the right to withdrawal without advance notice in the event of extenuating circumstances beyond their control. Judges will be fair and impartial. A judge may elect to recuse him or herself from judging a Submission, if in the judge’s sole discretion it is not appropriate for him or her to judge that particular Submission because of a past or current relationship with that particular Contestant. A Submission will not be at a disadvantage if one or more judge recuses himself or herself.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Submissions received and the quality of the Submissions. The approximate dates for the judging panel are between JANUARY 15th, 2016 at 12PM EST and FEBRUARY 15th, 2016 at 12PM EST